Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Where to find coyotes in Cheelah!


You don't find coyotes, the coyotes find you.

But on a more serious note.

A lot of coyote hunting missions in theHunter Call of the Wild take place in the Cheelah area. Let's look at good spots to find coyotes!


Around the Cheelah Lake

Map of Cheelah Lake with my best coyote hunting areas marked with red

This area is a pain but there are missions that require you to locate coyotes around the Cheelah Lake. My best luck has been in the woods on the northern shore and up in the eastern mountains.

And my best tactic in this area has been:

  • Do something else entirely and let them spot you
  • Stop, crouch or crawl towards the sound and at the same time use the caller to attract their attention.
  • Keep track so that the coyote does not have time to circle you and try to spot it with your binoculars
  • Take the shot or crawl closer to get a photo

In the Cheelah area in general

If I need to go coyote hunting in the Cheelah area in general I would go to the mountain to the north of the Cheelah Hiking Village (red square on the map above). Here I have found packs of coyotes from time to time and in general got most of my harvests here.
Here the best tactic is to follow tracks as there usually are multiple coyotes in this area. Only a few times that I've not found any up here in the mountains.

In the Cheelah Hiking Village area, the blue square is your friend. But you need a lot of patience and call, and call and call before you might have luck to spot one. Be prepared to return multiple times before you encounter your prey here in this area.
Here in the blue square, sitting still and calling is your best tactic.

As always with this game, no guarantees. The randomness is just pure hell and a lot of patience is needed for any hunt that you do!

If you find this helpful, or have other experiences in the Cheelah area regarding coyotes, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

To all of my posts about theHunter Call of the wild

21 comments:

  1. What is the best way to harvest coyotes in Cheelah, like what should i do to make them come near me???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always use the jack rabbit caller. Just make sure of wind directions so that you don't spook them

      Delete
    2. using scent killer should take care of the wind direction problem. they last 30 minutes in game time each so youll have to stay on it and get it every 30 minutes. but jackrabbit caller works fine or even crouch walking around cheelah lake can yield some good results for tracks once youre on the trail follow it and claim your prize

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

      Delete
  3. I am going to try these strategies for the first mission for Fiona Vualez. Hopefully it works! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the treeestand and tripod dlcs pack... Is it ok if I use those to hunt?

      Delete
    2. They are a part of the game so why not? I haven't used any of those so I don't know how that works but should give you an edge I suppose? Happy hunting!

      Delete
  4. I have the mission to shoot a coyote in every region with the 270, I can't find coyotes in anywhere else but cheelah

    ReplyDelete
  5. The codex says that coyotes are active at night but I've had extremely poor luck hunting anything at night let alone coyotes. When is a good time to go to Cheelah Lake to hunt coyotes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At night- lol. You just have to wait. Pull up in a stand and wait till u hear em.

      Delete
  6. This is where I found a feeding zone for them. Latitude 12277.284 and longitude 8863.704

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even find one track of animal on that mountain north of the Hiking Village. Sorry to disappoint you but you're best bet is the area around Cheelah Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i dont know if you still answer these but do you know how to find need zones for coyote

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this!!! I've been trying to get the 2 coyotes in the Cheelah questline FOREVER. Just shot my first one North of Cheelah Lake!!! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good read! Opening joke got me good. I LOL'd at 3 AM. I so didn't see it coming. Stalking these elusive Coyots for this insane mission. Why can't we just prop up some decoys, shoot'em and call it a good kill? Darn things are ghost! Good advice. Thanks! Great Game huh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This worked awesome! Got two coyotes within a minute of arriving north of the lake. Just as I was harvesting my second coyote an elk walked by, so I shot that too, hiked down to the lake and got 3 blacktail deer to complete another mission!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This community seems so friendly and I hope I could be a part of it as I'm new to the game and still getting the hang of it all?

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

the Hunter Call of the Wild - Fleischer #3 session two

Session two of the Fleischer #3 mission where the goal is to Travel to Bohndorf Hill Harvest 2 red deer at night No luck this tim...