Saturday, October 27, 2018

theHunter Call of the Wild - Vualez #5


It is time for the next Vualez mission, this time number 5.
We have to:
  • Travel to Cheelah Hiking Village
  • Use the Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller
  • Harvest 2 Coyotes
The video above with its ~15 minutes is condensed from 9 hours of footage. 
First part is easy, just get to the Cheelah Hiking Village, I decided to take the lookout tower to start with and then move to the Hunting Lodge so that I had a spawn point closely (I don't own the DLCs)

While moving around, use the Jackrabbit caller like once or twice a minute so that eventual Coyotes will get interested.
The first Coyote was found after I took down one Blacktail Deer, then I suddenly found the Coyote footprints and used the Predator caller again to get it interested. Once identifier it was just a well-placed shot and one of two Coyotes were bagged within one hour of getting the mission.

The second one turned out to be a problem. Over 3 days I sneaked around the area and sat in cover and used the caller during the morning hours, afternoon hours and during night time with no luck. 

Tip: Move slowly if you have to, make sure the sound meter is at zero. And make sure you move crouched. Don't run around. (even if that works from time to time as well). But for the long run, be stealthy. The Coyotes are good at spotting you and keeping their distance.

After no sign of a Coyote for 8 real world hours I decided to move around a bit, very slowly and using the caller during the night time in the game and from nowhere I got a mating call back. Used the Jackrabbit Predator Caller once. Crawled slowly backward to get a better view of the landscape and tried to spot the Coyote with the binoculars. After a little while it appeared a bit to the left of the call and I managed to get my scope to 75 meter and place a shot at it. 
Mission completed.

Another tip: Coyotes will try to circle you when you call them. So they will not come straight for you, keep your eyes open and pan the whole area to spot it.

I might do some other missions in between before continuing the Vualez story arch..
Damn I don't know why I play this game. : )

To all of my posts about theHunter Call of the wild

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

the Hunter Call of the Wild - Fleischer #3 session two

Session two of the Fleischer #3 mission where the goal is to Travel to Bohndorf Hill Harvest 2 red deer at night No luck this tim...